~WELCOME TO MY PAGE. ~AKA...NO BS ZONE ~

I'm just odd, overly sarcastic at times, internally optimistic, constantly intrigued, a believer, prefer few over many, hopeless romantic, but a dreamer all-throughout...from the books I read, to the clothes I wear, to the places I’ve travelled, to the movies I watch, to the music I listen to, to the men I’ve loved...this is my world, take a seat, relax and

just live in it...just feel me!

"Passion make the world go around. Love makes it a safer place." -Ice T

4/24/2010

PRODICAL CHILDREN...

Seriously... Cuz, here the deal. I was feeling at a loss for things to do for my birthday. My best friend totally inspired me several weeks prior to my birthday when she gave me the super cool idea of doing Random Acts of Kindness in honour of my own birthday, and asking friends to join in the fun as a gift for my birthday. No one bit. But I was bitten by the bug, and I thought what harm could be done.


{You see where this is going, don’t you?}

So I spent an entire week doing 44 Random Acts of Kindness in honour of my 44 years of life.

1. I fed 2 parking meters.

2. I took food to the shelter.

3. I gave a hitchhiker a drive.

4. I bought my assistant lunch.

5. I paid for someone’s lottery ticket

6. I gave street person my sunglasses

7. I took out the trash for my neighbour

8. I brought a flower to my Aesthetician.

9. I handed a bottle of water out the car window to jogger.

10. I asked a very macho dude if I could pump his gas for him.

11. I bought a packet of cigarettes for my apartment manager.

12. I bought a get well card for my neighbour because she was sick.

13. I bought soil, seeds and growing container for a fellow neighbour.

14. I bought donuts for the entire office staff at my physiotherapy clinic.

15. At the grocery store I paid for a young boy’s lunch at the deli counter.

16. I dropped in on my former teacher with a coffee just so I could see the smile on his face.

17. I unloaded an older couple groceries and casually walked away.

18. I asked a tenant if I could put a wash in for them and paid for the two loads to wash and dry.

19. I cleaned up all the trash outside my apartment building.

20. I picked up a chocolate bar for my friend and showed up for a quick visit.

21. Returned grocery carts back inside the store from the parking lot for shoppers.

22. Inconspicuously dropped coins on the ground as I walked pass a homeless person.

23. I handed out Tootsie Pops to children (asked parents permission first of course!).

24. I bought a 1$20 gift card for groceries and turned around and handed it to woman in line behind me. I wasn’t prepared for the look on her face. I immediately left before I started to cry

25. I walked up to a family eating lunch at a local restaurant, placed a gift card on their table and walked out

26. Dropped off a hand written thank you note and doughnuts at the police station.

27. I took a large bag of clothes to the local homeless shelter.

28. I left 3 Tim Horton’s coffee gift cards for a coffee on random seats.

29. I paid for the woman’s coffee behind us in line at Starbucks.

30. I tucked happy notes in car doors in parking lot wishing people a good day full of God’s blessings.

31. I bought a Mylar balloon with a ribbon on is and gave it to a child.

32. I went to my friends house and read bedtime stories to their children.

33. Left quarters at a Laundromat.

34. I wrote a letter to old friend the old fashioned way and mailed it

35. I walked down the street into McDonald’s and asked the cashier to use my free coupon on next person in drive through line.

36. I took pictures of two tourists in front of Hard Rock Cafe and a family in the park.

37. I took plates of cookies to 2 neighbours I don’t really know and spent some time talking with them (no, I did not bake them myself but no one seemed to care).

38. I knelt down and gathered a newspaper that a woman whose hands were full dropped at the grocery store.

39. I left a small treat with a note of thanks for the mailman.

40. I called and left an I love you mom message of her work phone.

41. I gave a dozen hot doughnuts to a crew working on the power lines.

42. I bought a stuffed animal and handed it a child as I was exiting the drugstore.

43. I totally surprised my friend Oneika and bought her two shirts for her birthday.

44. I cooked diner for a friend.

While these were random acts, these are things we can do each day for someone. It was overwhelming but you do get some form of self gratification from this (if you know anything about me I love gratification) but I thoroughly enjoyed the expressions the smiles, hugs and thank you. When I told people who asked why I was doing this they were shocked. One lady actually made me cry…(bo ho ho) but it was tears of joy that my birthday was just a few days away.

Now let the party begin and it did. Unfortunately I cannot post all the images here because it kinda got out of hand.

Me, Mamadou, Maya



Me, Deidre, Maya, Toya

Me, Deidre, Maya, Toya