~WELCOME TO MY PAGE. ~AKA...NO BS ZONE ~

I'm just odd, overly sarcastic at times, internally optimistic, constantly intrigued, a believer, prefer few over many, hopeless romantic, but a dreamer all-throughout...from the books I read, to the clothes I wear, to the places I’ve travelled, to the movies I watch, to the music I listen to, to the men I’ve loved...this is my world, take a seat, relax and

just live in it...just feel me!

"Passion make the world go around. Love makes it a safer place." -Ice T

3/02/2010

COMMENTARY...WHO NEEDS IT?

I n high school this is how I was taught to write essays: the "writers pyramid;” the "four R's." Tease all facts out of the first draft, re-write, and write, coherently into the body.
 Avoid plagiarism; proper punctuations, check grammar, check spelling, all is good Ta-da! Essay 101. The essay could be boring or exciting, even historic. But that's immaterial. A style reveals the writer's personality and or voice.


When I began this blog I had to decide 1) Purpose? 2) Who is my audience? (But then again who cares) 3) What did I want to convey? In other words how much of my tender roots did I want to expose? String it all together to make it appealing. I knew it had to be well-balanced, and easy to assimilate. I wanted my blog to transcend boundaries; sharp with stiffness of strength, edgy, dry, coarse, like eating Cornflakes from the box. What I didn't want to do was follow standard format of blogging. What I see most creating or THINKS blogging is about. When I want an opinion I'll ask. Because in most blog writing or commenting on subject that has already been written about is useless commentary and quite obnoxious.

Bringing sexy back isn't my overall goal. And the writer's thoughts, commentary, speculation, noodling, or gossip is out of context and wholly inappropriate most of the time. Besides, when I want an uneasy mixture of all of those things at once, I just read film blogs. Kinda boring really! At their worst many blogs ultimately place more importance on blogging than on creating variety; focusing on one very boring subject. Facts are eclipsed or rendered mute. I chose a differet road. I wanted to document what I was thinkingm feeling each day with images.

Bloggers also hold YOU captive. I liken it to being in a stalled elevator during the blackout, or sharing your armrest and shoulder on the red-eye transatlantic flight. No quarter. It's a Trojan Horse–you want facts,(not some article someone else has written and you decide to expand on) then they spring out and beat you silly strings.

Metaphorically the worst bloggers are DJ’s. But radio Dj’s has got to be the most absolute atrocious. They talk over the musical intros of your favorite songs right up until the singing starts, with most of the chatter talking just for the sake of talking.

“Shut up and play music. You're not on television; you're not funny; everything you say isn't amazing by virtue of your ability to draw breath; no one cares outside of "song title, band name;" and in this Clear channel day and age you aren't even spinning records or loading CD's, you're pushing buttons on computer-generated song lists. You're fungible. You work in a field that's on the iPod cusp of extinction. You're not famous. You probably have a face for radio. So don't take it out on your hostages by blabbing whilst dreaming that you're Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern.”

Movie "news" entries on blogs are easier to compose than Mad Liberal:
1) Piece of information (link, quote, source).
2) Lies, damned lies, statistics, first drafts, first thoughts, IMDB ratings, misspellings, speculation, what-if's, self-promotion, ballwashing, wishful thinking, randomness, spin, attempts at snarky, stabs at humor, conventional wisdom, preaching to the choir, legislating from the bench.

News flash: most readers just want facts. Or one-sheets and trailers and movie stills and casting choices and links. The other stuff, where you offer your two cents? As effective as a Kent Brockman editorial. All noise no signal. Because you most likely have no interesting Voice at all, let alone one I care to read or trust.

How do you get a Voice? Having access to the information isn't enough; that's just a forum, podium, or soapbox. If there's no clear and distinct personality behind your blogging then thinking the audience reads YOU and not your "music" is putting cart before the horse. It's believing in your own bullshit.

If you care about more than visitors and want people to (really) like you, and you want your byline to instill fear, envy, and the sound of a million mouses clicking? Find your Voice. Cultivate it. Do it yourself. Google solves nearly100% of the world's blog-post deficiencies yet blog posts are still undernourished with facts or opinion, and people still click to blog posts instead of getting the story on their own. Bring something to the table. Try harder.

UR just your URL until you have a Voice. Until you broker audience trust with each online offering. Until you build an honest, organic rapport. If your posts are as annoying, or irrelevant as any anonymous commenter on your blog then you're merely another DJ fucking up my song.

I take no prisoners. So for  all intense pursose this blog does not accept comments. Sorry! Keep that to yourself.  And followers, I have none. I am a natural born leader. If you do not like my Blog, please hit the Fuck- off button at the top left hand corner of the page marked "X".

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask Why Not?" - Robert Kennedy