~WELCOME TO MY PAGE. ~AKA...NO BS ZONE ~

I'm just odd, overly sarcastic at times, internally optimistic, constantly intrigued, a believer, prefer few over many, hopeless romantic, but a dreamer all-throughout...from the books I read, to the clothes I wear, to the places I’ve travelled, to the movies I watch, to the music I listen to, to the men I’ve loved...this is my world, take a seat, relax and

just live in it...just feel me!

"Passion make the world go around. Love makes it a safer place." -Ice T

9/17/2010

Social Networking...As If!

I like life. I like the internet. But I hate social networking because it's too much of both in the same place. It intimidates me. It's overwhelming. It takes up way too much of my precious time. People take it too serious. Social networking is what computer people have been doing for years, but instead of random folks around the world, it's with people you already know and interact with in real life. And you already know some of those people you already can't stand. Twitter is just an IRC channel for your friends. Facebook, Twitter, whatever. I've been having fun with this technology since the 90s. Now you've all acquired these toys and made them accessories to your life, rather than an escape. You've hijacked my culture. And I don't blame you. Computers are fucking sweet. I know this, and I've been telling you this for years. Remember the socially stupid girls in the computer lab at school? This is what we were all doing. Many many years before you. And now you act like you found it. Where is the apology? Where is MY apology? Where is MY apology sex from all the dumb hot guys who rejected me solely on account of my interest in computers? I didn't get laid until I was 23 because my hobby was to do what guys who rejected me then, now do 18 hours every day. Is that irony? I don't know. But it's something. And I deserve to be laid at least 18 times as a result of my culture's tenacious adherence, despite all the bullying and ridicule, to continue doing what I believed to be fucking awesome. So every time you log onto your shitty-ass whatever-is-trendy social networking exact-replica-of-all-the-others account, just keep in mind how much of a dirtbag you were then and probably still are now. Thank you!